Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Thousand Masks

Don't be fooled by me: Dont be fooled by the paint covering my face:For i wear a mask, a thousand mask, masks that im afraid to take off, and none of them is me: Art is just pretending to be m, but dont be fooled: For God's sake dont be fooled: The impression i give you is that im secure, that confindence is my name and coolness is my gmae is my game, that im calm and in command, and that i need no one: But dont beileve me: My life may seem smooth but my life is my mask: Beneath lies confusion and fear and aloneness: But i hide this: I dont want anybody to know it: I panic at the thought of my weakness and fear of being exposed: That's why i create masks to hide behinde, to help me pretend to sheild me from the real me: If i follow my acceptance, its my only hope, and i know it: Its the only thing that can liberate me from myself, from my own self-built prison walls: Its the only thing that will assure me for what i cant assure myself, that im really worth something: I dont like to hide: I dont like to play these stupid games: I want to stop playing them: I want to be me, but youve got to hepl me: Youve got to hold out your hand even when thats the last thing i seem to want: Only you can wipe away from my eyes, the deep stare of the breathing dead: Only you can call me into aliveness: Each time youre kind and gentle, each time you really care, i begin to grow wings, very small wings But wings! With your power you can breath life into me: I want you to know that: Who am i, you may wonder: I am someone you know very well: For i am every man you meet, and i am every women you meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment