Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Goodbye

How do you walk away from someone you love
And take the road of someone else?
Can you reroute the course you have taken
And start over once again?

I don't really want to let you go
But inside me I know I must;
The times we've loved . . . the times you've hurt me
My heart still says stay . . . but it's my mind I must trust.

We have shared so much together
Laughter . . . fun times . . . tears
Yet sometimes we can't turn back time
We must walk away, and allow ourselves to cope.

I know one day you will be happy
And your soulmate you will find;
I know we each have one out there
Even if for now . . . only in our minds.

May life be gentle with you
May God's best come your way;
And on some quiet tomorrow
You will realize things may have been better this way....?

No comments:

Post a Comment